Long term rental apartments
Long term rental apartments are typically for extended periods of time and are the method of renting property that most people will be familiar with. They require more commitment from the tenant than serviced apartments in terms of a contractual agreement and some obligations of the tenant to maintain the property.
- Lease agreement is signed directly with private landlord.
- Minimum lease term typically 6 months although landlord may agree to shorter period subject to negotiation
- A security deposit is required, subject to agreement.
- Typically quoted rental price does not include utility bills or property administration fees *
- Tenant will normally be required to organise payment of utility bills. Typically bills are transferred to name of tenant.
- Normally a handover protocol is signed to cover condition of the apartment, an inventory, and utility readings.
- Tenant communicates directly with landlord regarding the property after the rental process has completed, unless the landlord is using Hamilton May’s property management service, in which the tenant will be provided with a point of contact in the Hamilton May office.
- Properties can be rented fully furnished, partly furnished or without furniture.
- Most landlords are private individuals and typically do not provide VAT invoices. Payment receipts can be provided, however, if you wish to account for the cost.
* It may be possible to request an all inclusive rental price which includes all bills, subject to negotiation with the landlord. This can be useful if you wish to avoid the administration of transferring bills into your name.
Serviced Apartments or short lets
Our serviced apartments are more similar to staying in a hotel, with pricing on a nightly or monthly basis and cleaning services included. Short lets can normally be cancelled or extended at reasonably short notice to provide more flexibility for the tenant.
In fact many of our corporate clients use our short lets instead of hotels particularly when the period of stay is in the region of a few weeks to a few months, when the constraints of a small hotel room are simply not practical.
- No requirement for a lease agreement or deposit.
- Most often used for stays of between a few weeks to a few months, although possible to stay for any period starting from one day.
- VAT invoice can be provided.
- Apartments are fully furnished and ready to move into including TV, internet connection, washing machine, cutlery and crockery.
- Apartments are cleaned regularly and fresh linen is provided.
- Possibility to extend or cancel stays with a reasonable notice period subject to terms and conditions.
- Apartments are fully managed and the convenience of customer service provided for any issues that may arise.
- Price is all inclusive so no extra bills to pay.